How to save money when buying products? What markets are popular with locals in Sochi? Beside, information about public transport routes and other useful information for guests in this article.
Products without “resort” extra charge.
Huge advantage of the apartments – you can prepare your favorite dishes and eat as you used to at home. We do not recommend buying meat or vegetables in chain stores. Sochi is a city where you can enjoy plenty of local fruits and vegetables, good meat and delicious sea fish.
- Agricultural fair. The most pleasant prices for vegetables and fruits, meat and honey, herbs and berries, fresh fish and seafood. It’s open from 7:00 AM till 08:00 PM and you can get there by bus № 18, № 1.
Address: 58, Yana Fabritsiusa Street.
Advice: Come to the fair on weekdays. After 15:00, many sellers will gladly make discounts on perishable goods.
- Weekend Fair at Matsesta. Opening hours: Friday to Sunday from 08:00 to 17:00. You can get there by buses No. 3, 120, 121, minibus No. 43.
Address: Bus stop “Srednyaya Matsesta”.
Advice: We recommend that you go through the entire market and compare prices, then go buy.
- Wholesale food base. There are two such outlets in Sochi; there is also retail sale in them. The prices are attractive. You can buy sweets, nuts, fresh and frozen fish and much more. On the street Don has a lot of buses and minibuses, so there will be no problems with the shopping trip. The bases are open from 7:00 to 17:00, on Saturday from 7:00 to 15:00.
Address: 3/9, Donskaya and 10/a, Stroitel’niy lane.
Advice: There are parking lots near the wholesale stores, so you can go by car and bring a full bag of goodies to the apartment.
- Weekend fair near the shopping center “Story City” on Donskaya St. This market is most convenient to combine with a trip to a wholesale grocery base on the street. Donskaya, d. 3/9, as they are opposite each other. The fair is open from Friday to Sunday from 08:00 to 17:00.
Advice: If you stay in the center of Sochi, for groceries you better go in the dormitory areas. Ask the locals where small markets or stalls are located – you can save money there.
In the summer season, fruits and vegetables on the market are cheaper and better than in chain supermarkets.
Checklist for market purchases.
Be careful when buying products on weight. Here there are a few rules that will help you in the Sochi marketplace.
- Weigh the purchase on the control scales that are in the market stalls.
- Do not be afraid to refuse the overweight. If the seller puts you 200-300 grams more than you asked for, then ask him to correct it, do not pay.
- Check the quality straightway. Sometimes buyers are too shy to try or to touch fruits and vegetables, and sellers take advantage of it. They can mix good products with spoiled.
- Listen to the salesman. Sometimes traders try to” flatter” buyers, but it has its own advantages. If you hear the same phrase, for example, “this morning brought, this morning brought”; there is a high probability that you hear a lie.
Life in Sochi is not as expensive as it seems to tourists. You just need to find “your” places and to use someone else’s experience. For example, we share it with pleasure!